Friday 15 February 2008

Ok, so the pain is back - but I am ok....

Wow, another week has passed and our little guy is 9 weeks old today!

Sitting here with my second cup of coffee, fighting the fatigue once again. But, it is a sunny day out and should be a good day for walking the dog.

So, Eddie slept through the night last night - for the first time. I guess I crashed around 11:30pm and I slept lightly listening for him, and a few times turned on the lamp looking for a mess to clean up - but he slept right through until 7:30am! Yay! We were so proud of him.

I picked him up out of the crate - only to realize, oh oh - I'm not feeling so hot....

Picked up my purse, put Eddie in the kitchen - he managed to go pee on the puppy pads, but in the crack in between two of them - so pee all over the floor...but the little guy tried - I will give him that. Checked my sugar during that time, 3.3 - yes, a low...felt really weak - stubborn me, tried to clean up the pee before I grabbed a juice and staggered back into the room to tell Cory I was low and crashed on the bed.

I am so thankful for Cory - I don't know what I would do without him in my life. He stayed with me for a few minutes, gave me my juice and then the dog started to bark, so he went out with him - only to find him making yet another mess....Cory fed him and took him for his morning walk - I am so glad - I was too weak.

So, I tried to recover from the low by getting some rest - but between Eddie squirming on the bed, then crying in the kennel, then our cat coming in meowing around my head - well - I guess sleep is overrated to these guys...

I am now sitting here - decided to take a pain pill as I have been trying to limit my intake to keep healthy. But today - I am in a lot of pain. It hurts to type, my hands, my arms are aching, up my shoulders into my neck and into the back of my head. Dragging my butt today. It's been about a month or so since I had this pain. Damn it. Hopefully some stretching can fix me...or the walk with Eddie...either way - must keep going.

Last Friday, I went for my bone density test. It took about 20 minutes or so. Glad I have yet another test over with. The weekend went well - I worked so Cory was home to manage the funny farm. Saturday evening we went over to Cheryl and Dario's to see their boys. Came home to a crate full of poop. Looks like Eddie did the Riverdance in it. So, outside he went with Dad while I cleaned, then when he came in - off for a bath. Nothing like bathing your dog at 11pm at night! ha I decided there and then that the kitchen with the baby gate may be the more appropriate place to keep him until he has better bowel control. Poor little guy.

I popped a roast in the slow cooker on Sunday. Cheryl and Dario stopped by in the evening and had supper with us. We decided that the boys stay apart until Eddie is finished his antibiotics so they don't pass anything back and forth. As they were litter mates, they had the same problems. Hopefully this weekend, Eddie will be reunited for a play date with his brothers. I sure hope they can teach him a lesson in biting inhibition. That boy needs to learn to keep his teeth to himself!

Monday morning - Cory and I were both up at around 6am to get ready to go for blood work. It took them a while to do paperwork for me. They took 12 vials from me! My personal record was broken for the amount of vials taken. There were several tests - Anti double stranded DNA, anti smooth muscle, ENA, ESR, CBC, TSH, ABO RH Antibody screen, Rubella, VDRL, HIV 1 & 2, HTLV-1, HTLV-2, HBSAG, ANTI HCV, FSH, LH, Estradiol, Prolactin.

Well, some of the tests were for the follow up that I will have with the rheumatologist on the 28th. The other tests were pretty much all the same tests I have had before, but the fertility clinic wants all their own set of results, I guess.

We called my Dad for his birthday on Monday - he and Mom had a quiet day, but was nice. Tuesday he went for his stress test but 5 minutes into the test, the machine broke! So, he is rescheduled for this upcoming Tuesday. In the meantime, he has returned to work and is doing ok.

The rest of this week seemed to have just flown by. There is never a dull moment around this house anymore. I guess that is a good thing. Keeps my mind off a lot of stuff. I know sometimes it is necessary to pay attention to more important things but on the other hand, it is not good to dwell on things either. I can say looking back on this past week, I only had one real rough day - where I just wanted to stay in bed and be depressed. But, as usual - it passed.

Well, that's my update for now. Going to go face the day! Hope you are all well!

Love,
Cindy xo

No comments: