Sunday 27 January 2008

Tired, Busy, but it's all good!

Hi Again,

Well, it sure has been a busy couple of days. I have been fighting with my computer this past week because since last Sunday night, my internet and phone have been on the blitz! I even lost a whole page of an email I was trying to send out to one of my friends to update her on the rough couple of days I was having - and *poof* it disappeared! Very frustrating...so I will keep my fingers crossed that I will get this blog published tonight.

I am tired, very tired - but it has been a positive couple of days. Worked yesterday, today, and also tomorrow, then I am off for 2 days, back to work Thursday and then I have my 4 day weekend. I love going to work - this home care thing for me is great. Some days I drag my butt to get to work as I mostly have been having my blood sugar lows occurring in the morning - which totally sucks as it makes me tired for the rest of my day. But, at work, I laugh. I love laughing. How many people can say that?

So, my day yesterday? Well, woke up at 7:15am feeling 'funny'. Thought, hmm, maybe going low, but was just too tired to fully wake and take my sugar. So my alarm goes off at 7:30am - I check my sugar, yup - 3.1 Great, here we go again. Had a juice - tried to come back to life - a little too weak to get up, so yes, I had to be to work for 9am - didn't peel myself up from the bed until 8:25am - so yes, it was a difficult one. I am proud though...I did it...I got through yesterday AND today without taking a nap! That is a big accomplishment for me! Aw, the life of accomplishments - and mine seem so simple. Some 'little' things are BIG accomplishments for some people. Even thought I sit here exhausted, I am happy. I am happy that I didn't have to waste valuable 'life' time taking a nap! (-:

Needless to say - because I have someone that I work with that is so understanding when I say "I had a low", I arrived home from work yesterday a little later than expected. It is nice though when I am able to work at the pace my body will allow me to. Some days are slower than others. Got home and started to get ready for the gala fund raiser that Cory and I had planned on attending. We arrived there at about 6:50pm - I was feeling a little on the low sugar side, but when I checked, I was at 7.4 - so I was glad dinner was going to be fairly soon. Wasn't sure how many carbs I would be eating so I waited to take my needle until I was half way through my dinner. Oops, big mistake - Shot up to 22.4! So, with that , I was feeling a bit tired as well. I had fun though as I took my new camera with me and it was my first official time getting to a function to give it a try. Got lots of pictures, but I definitely need to read the manual! Ha ha

Anyway, we arrived home around 10:20pm...Cory somehow got involved in 'instant' auction where he ended up winning a 5 day complimentary dog walking package. A dog walking package you ask? Why does he need that? We are getting a new addition to our family!!! No, we are not pregnant...we are getting the next best thing! A furbaby! D-O-G!! We pick him up in 6 days, we can't wait.

So, that leads to my day today. Went to bed last night - didn't get much sleep as the cat was crying at the door until 2am. Finally he settled down. Woke up low again this morning. This time 3.2 - well, looking forward to the changes coming my way. A little scared perhaps, since I HAVE been procrastinating, but I am going on the insulin pump in the next month or so. Now that I have it in the house, I just need to book the classes and get 'hooked up'. So, another tired day, but off to work I went, and it was a good day. Came home after work, had lunch, and went over to my cousin Cheryl's at 2pm as it was our day to go shopping for the puppies/babies!

It was so funny, we were going through the pet store together with our carts loaded down with stuff such as dog beds, toys, food, dishes etc. and the lady working there says something like "Not hard to tell you guys are new Moms!" ha ha That was nice to hear & it was a great shopping excursion as Cheryl and her husband Dario are getting two pups from the same place that we are. We spent about 3 to 4 hours shopping and then came home and I went back to work for just a short while. Had a great time telling Rob about everything I bought...well, now to just get him and Cory to stop believing that I am a crazy woman! ha ha Or, simply admit that our dog is going to be a tad bit spoiled!

Well, it has been a not so bad couple of days - I managed to get by with a few extra lows than I had hoped for, but not feeling overly miserable. Just tired. But that's okay, nothing a good night's rest can't cure. Hoping tomorrow brings another good day for me.

Anxiously awaiting our new arrival - His name is EDDIE! He is a Labradoodle. That is a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle. Such a sweetie! I am nervous, excited - all the emotions, but you know, I am happy I will have him around to take my mind off the disappointments I have had to deal with emotionally lately. I think this will be good for me and for our family as a whole. We are not sure what Grey (our cat) will think, but I am sure they will work it out in their own way. Things always have a way of working themselves out - I have to believe that with everything in this life (-:

Sleep well, hope to write more in the coming days...

Love Cindy
xoxo

No comments: