Tuesday 29 January 2008

Today is a good day...so far!!

Hi, just thought I would stop in and write a short note as I have to do this when time and my memory permit! I had a good sleep last night and two cups of coffee later, I am awake. Not the groggy awake I normally feel, but I can actually feel my body today! Yay! I didn't wake up low this morning which is great as that normally takes a lot out of my energy reserves. I was 7.4 this morning.

The being awake part could be the switch that I have made to my thyroid medication again. Well, the thing is - about 6 weeks ago, I got quite a scare - I am not quite sure what happened to me, but I was at work and suddenly felt quite sick. The room started spinning and my heart started pounding out of my chest and I became cold and clammy. So, I had Cory come pick me up. Thank goodness he had the vehicle that day! I would not have been able to drive like that. After that incident, I thought that it could possibly be my thyroid. My past 2 blood tests have been considered "over corrected" but my endocrinologist wanted to leave me at that dosage for a while to test how I coped with it. She would rather see me over corrected than under corrected which is how I have been living the last 5 years of my life. I was supposed to see her on Friday, but they have rescheduled me for March 12th (I think) so that will give me a little bit of time to get a few other things in order.

Well, after the scare - I decided to lower my dosage again - but after 4 or 5 weeks of doing that, I realized ,when doing the math, the average dosage I was giving myself was the same as before when I was under corrected. So, this last week, I decided to go back to the original dosage that she prescribed me. I just hope I do not have any more incidents like the one I had. I have a standing order blood work requisition which requires me to test every 6 weeks for this, the other one is for every 3 months for my diabetes, plus the other tests I have here that I need to go in for to get ready for my rheumatologist appointment.

I stopped by the doctor's office yesterday while I was in the area. I am scheduled to go see the rheumatologist on February 28. Now, if only I could remember to go get the blood work done that I need to. I must sit down and write down all these appointments in my book as I have everything all on little pieces of paper. Not good for someone with a bad memory at the moment. Funny what hormones can do to the mind.

Sometimes I think an assistant would be great for all this medical crap! haha Sometimes it feels like I am running a business just trying to manage all that is going on with this body of mine - and in the meantime, I have to live life at the same time. Can be quite overwhelming at times! I am not complaining - as I am grateful for my life. Things can be frustrating at times that can bring me to tears, but all in all, it could be much worse.

Well, it is getting late. I must go for now and pack up my art supplies and get over to work on the wall mural I have been doing. We are getting our new puppy on Saturday!! (4 more days!) I must get quite a bit done on this mural as I know I am going to have to designate quite a bit of time to this puppy to train him.

Talk soon...
C

No comments: