Tuesday 29 January 2008

Wow - I am getting good at this BLOG thing! ha ha

Ok, so here it is - a rare occasion! I am writing twice in one day! So - today is still a good day - I am feeling good except for a little back pain - but that's nothing.

It's 8pm and Cory and I just got in the door from doing a little bit of shopping.

I managed to put 3 hours in today on the wall mural I am doing. I must say, that 7 foot giraffe is coming along nicely. A little time consuming, but what can you expect from a guy that has a ton of spots!! I finally finished the spots today, now for the rest of his body. I will have to post pictures once it is all complete. It may take a while, but I am sure will look nice in the end.

Once I came home, I didn't go for a nap...this is great! I am loving it! I had a few tired episodes today but managed to fight it off. I had quite a nice surprise today too. As I was painting the wall mural, I heard a text message come in on my cell phone. I thought it may be Cory asking what time I would be done - but when I looked, it was my boss telling me that I got a raise today!! Yay! It was definitely an unexpected surprise, and greatly appreciated.

After getting home, I tried to tidy up a bit, checked a few emails and caught up a bit with my Aunt on the phone. Cooked some supper - and then went to get Cory at work. We arrived home, ate and got ready to run out to get a couple of things.

First, we stopped at Zellers - well - it has been a tradition lately for myself and Cory that whenever we go to that Mall, we drop by the pet store to see the puppies. So off we went before I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription vitamins. There was a little pug in the window, he was so cute. Of course, I couldn't pass by the puppy toy/treat section without getting a little something for our new arrival - so Eddie has himself another teether.

After Zellers, we went to Rona to get a few necessities. We got our newer fire alarms, a fire extinguisher, and a carbon monoxide detector. Expensive but absolutely necessary!

Then we went to Future Shop to look for a CD that Cory has been wanting, they were out of stock but I did resist the urge to go to Michael's craft store next door. I have spent enough money this week - and especially with the new insulin pump & puppy, I would like to remain frugal. We strolled over to Walmart to see if Cory's CD was there, but no luck.

And all of this without a hot flash, a dizzy spell, a low moment - it was nice, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

We came home and resisted the urge to go buy chips - a nice treat, but one neither of us need. So maybe I will surprise Cory with the last bag of popcorn that I have in my lunch bag from work. (-: Wait a minute...I can hear the clinking of a spoon on a mug...Hmm...Cory's way of eating ice cream. I hope he saves some pralines and cream for me!! ha ha I tell you, since I have started this carb counting diet - you sure don't get much for a treat! I have been doing well so far though - an occasional cheat never killed anyone *insert evil smiley here*

Well, I have some energy left and don't need a nap. I just checked my sugar and I am 6.5 - so today was a good day! If only I could have many more of these! I keep getting these little butterflies in my tummy when I think about Saturday. I can't wait to bring puppy home! I am going to have so much fun with him and Grey.

Ok, sounds like the first 25 minutes of American Idol has started - and House is on at 9pm - hopefully not a rerun. Going to sit with my Hubby for a bit.

Have a great night.

Love, Cindy
xoxo

No comments: