Monday 8 November 2010

Hey, Sugar! It's that time again!

I am fasting tonight, it's blood work in the morning for me.  And, I seem to feel as though I still didn't do my best.   I have to realize though, that I do feel like my HbA1C will have dropped, just not to where I want it to be.  But, that's the way life is, correct?  We usually don't always get what we want right away.  So, I will wait patiently.  I was hoping that I would get my sugars to 6% but based on the fact that our Thanksgiving, and Halloween fell around those times, I fell from the wagon, so to speak, just a few times.  So, I will aim for 7% this time.  I hope I at least made it there from 8.2%   This appointment I have next week is with my insulin pump nurse.  My Endocrinologist appointment isn't until January.  So let's see if I can make it through the holiday season of Christmas with all the cakes, cookies, and everything tempting, and come out with a great result in the end!

I am trying to check my sugars regularly, and need to download much more.  But, there is always room for improvement.  I am happy though that I made it to a birthday party this past weekend, and did not have any cake!  Never thought about it until now, really.  Do you see where this is going?  I am fasting, and I am thinking about food....ha ha ha.

I also shopped for myself this weekend.  A very nice treat, indeed.  And it made me feel good.  I have to do more to make myself feel good.  It's a requirement.  I've been going through a lot lately, and I deserve it.  And I have no problem saying that.  Believing it, well - when you get the 'Mommy guilt syndrome' you sometimes have to convince yourself.  No, really, I know I needed to get out and do some shopping, and I had a great time doing it!  I must do it more often.  But, when trying on a dress, I still have not figured out how to hide my insulin pump.  That's still a work in progress.

It's getting late, and I have to be up in less than 8 hours, so I will call it a night.  What better way to avoid food?  Sleep.... Ah,  yes.   Let's just hope I do not subconsciously decide to sleep walk to the fridge tonight.  Bye bye, fasting blood sugar....hehe

Sweet dreams!

No comments: