Friday 22 October 2010

It's quiet, and I thought I'd pop by before bed...

Yes, it's late.  I have no idea why I am up so late.  I guess I just don't want this day to end, and maybe the Diet Coke I had earlier hasn't helped me in the 'sleepy department', so maybe writing will.

Today was a whirlwind for me, and I am feeling quite good about getting through the last few hectic days.  Now the only thing that is really on my mind is how I must get back on the wagon of downloading my pump.  Since my weekend away for Thanksgiving, I have sort of slacked, yet again!  I must look at my data to figure out what needs tweaking next on my pump.

I am determined that by the time my November appointment rolls around, I will have a good HbA1C.  But, if I continue like this, it will not be as great as I anticipate.  So, I had better get crackin'!

So, this small note for tonight is not only a way to rest my mind for bedtime, but a reminder to myself that I am aiming for a specific goal.  And the only way to achieve that goal is to go after it, and stay focused!.  So, that's what I am going to do!  Ha ha...if only it were that simple, right?  Well, it's not simple, it never is! But, practice makes progress, and the more I work at it, the better results I will see.

Being that my last HbA1C was at 8.2, I am in desperate need of results this time.  I have tried to change a few things, such as my eating habits.  But you know, pumpkin seeds can only go so far in place of my potato chips.  Well, I am not completely giving everything up, but my mouth waters just thinking about my chips.  Mmm, chips....Okay...focus, stay focused!

So, tomorrow, *or should I say today*, is Friday, and this weekend I am going to be the birthday girl, and as a gift to myself, I am going to download my pump, and adjust it accordingly, and feel great about all of the health accomplishments, and other things I have done in my life.

I am grateful, and that's what counts.  I will not take anything for granted, and I will take this one day at a time.  Now I must hit the sack.  There's a little boy that calls "Mamaaaa!" in the morning, and I have to be awake to enjoy the sound of his little voice. :)

Have a great night.  Sleep tight!

No comments: