Saturday 16 October 2010

Napping IS a part of life, even if you don't want to....

It's getting late, and I am sitting here contemplating what to do next around my house, when I feel I should be relaxing.  But, I think I have finally figured out why it is I feel like I hardly get anything done.  I set my number of things on my 'to do list' way too high!  I then spend my day constantly thinking about the things I didn't get done, instead of focusing on the things I did complete.

This brings me to the topic of naps.  Ever since I have been in school, particularly living with Diabetes and Hypothyroidism, there has been rare days where I can get through a day without a nap, and not feel tired.  But, lately, I feel exhausted.  And this tired feeling is not something I can just push through.  And as much as I wish I were Super woman, I am not, therefore, I must nap.  I do feel refreshed once I nap, but I have spent many years asking myself why I have to nap, when clearly, I feel that there are just not enough hours in a day!

So with that, I would love to enjoy life more, but a part of having quality of life, is listening to your body when it tells you to slow down.  And lately, my body has been chatting up quite the storm!  I have been napping  the last few days, and wish I didn't feel guilty.  I know I am not a lazy person, but I do get tired, and the only way to fix that is to nap.

With the world always in a hurry, I sometimes think I was meant to be in another country, where the 'Siesta' is a common tradition, and 'normal'.   Either way, I will continue to do what helps me get through this, one day at a time.

No comments: